The Essential Elements of Devotion to the Sacred Heart include:
- Worship of Jesus as the Sacred Heart
- Belief in the merciful love of Jesus
- Reparation for offenses against Jesus, particularly on First Friday
- Special love and reverence for the Blessed Sacrament.
Requests of the Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary:
- Acknowledge Jesus as your King
- Place an image of the Sacred Heart in your place of dwelling
- Consecrate your hearts to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Make reparation to Jesus for indifference and hostility to Him
- Live a life of love and confidence in Him
- Share this devotion with others
- Increase devotion to the Holy Eucharist
- Attend Mass on the First Friday of the month
Grow in your love for the Sacred Heart through daily prayer:
- Daily Offering: O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, sufferings of this day, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world. I offer them for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart; the salvation of souls, the reparation for sin, the reunion of all Christians; I offer them for the intentions of our bishops and of all members of the Apostleship of Prayer, and in particular for the intention recommended by the Holy Father this month.
- Daily Covenant Renewal: Dear Sacred Heart of Jesus, we renew our pledge of love and loyalty to You. Keep us always close to Your loving Heart, and to the most Immaculate Heart of your Mother. May we love one another more each day, forgiving each other’s faults as You forgive us our sins. Teach us to see You in the members of our family and those we meet outside our home, and to love them as you love them, especially the poor and the oppressed, that we may be instrumental in bringing about justice and peace. Please help us to carry our cross daily out of love for You, and to strengthen this love by frequent Mass and Communion. Thank You, dear Jesus, for all the blessings of this day. Protect us and all families during this night. Help us so to live that we may all get to Heaven. Amen
- O Holy Heart of Jesus Prayer: O most holy heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore you, I love you, and with lively sorrow for my sins I offer you this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure and wholly obedient to your will. Grant, Good Jesus, that I may live in you and for you. Protect me in the midst of danger. Comfort me in my afflictions. Give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, your blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death. Amen.
- Pray The Holy Rosary: Click here to learn more.
- Pray The Divine Mercy Chaplet:
Order a self-guided Enthronement booklet on www.WelcomeHisHeart.com or contact us about how we can grow this devotion in your parish or community.