The purpose of the devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus is to focus our hearts on receiving the love of Christ and returning His love with gratitude. May He be glorified with all of our heart, soul, and strength.
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions about enthronement at info@welcomeHisHeart.com.
Parish Enthronement Prep
- Pastoral Approval – Get the approval of the Parish Priest.
- Preach on the love of the Sacred Heart of Jesus – What does Christ’s love look like and how we can grow in this love as a parish?
- Customize – Feel free to add or delete prayers, talks, and/or designated homilies in preparation for the Enthronement with the EXCEPTION of the enthronement prayers and exposing of the image (the enthronement is the fulfillment of the request from Jesus to St. Margaret Mary in the 1670s when he requested His image be exposed and honored).
- Evangelize – Print out and distribute a flyer for participants to take home after the parish enthronement that will encourage them to enthrone the Sacred Heart in their homes.
- Honor the Sacred Heart – After the ceremony, we encourage you to continue to honor the Sacred Heart in a variety of ways. Click here to learn more.
Parish Enthronement in 5 Easy Steps
CHOOSE A DATE for the enthronement ceremony.
SELECT A SACRED HEART IMAGE and invite your priest to bless the image.
ESTABLISH A PROMINENT PLACE in the church where you will display the image.
PRAY WITH THE PARISHONERS Distribute Holy Heart of Jesus prayer cards to parishioners and publish it in your bulletin as well. Recite this prayer after Mass for a minimin of three consecutive Sundays and encourage parishioners to pray it at home as well.
ENTHRONEMENT SUNDAY Gather together and place Jesus on the throne of authority in your parish.
Parish Enthronement Materials
Parish enthronement is important to your parish and parishoners.
“The Sacred Heart provides the treasures of God’s infinite love for everyone, everywhere – at home, in schools and at our places of work.”
Honor the Sacred Heart
- First Friday Devotion – The First Friday of each month is designated to our Savior’s Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Learn more here.
- Anniversary of Enthronement – Renewal is a great way to refocus our hearts on the Heart of Jesus. Consider renewing the enthronement each year.
- Monthly – Follow our newsletter designed to help parishioners grow closer to Jesus. Sign up and encourage others to do the same at WelcomeHisHeart.com.
- Daily – Continue to pray the Sacred Heart of Jesus Prayer.